How two Herdsmen Conspired And Killed Their Colleague Over A Phone


    Police operatives have dragged two herdsmen to court after they reportedly killed their colleague over a phone.

    An Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday remanded two herdsmen, Shehu Abubakar and Abdulkareem Maikudi, for allegedly killing their colleague, Musa Kareem, following a misunderstanding on a cell phone.
    The magistrate, Mrs Moji Adebosin, ordered that the accused persons should be remanded at Okekura Prisons, Ilorin, and adjourned the case until July 12 for further mention.
    The accused persons are facing a two-count charge of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide.
    The charges were a violation of Sections 97 and 221 of Penal Code.
    The accused were arrested following a complaint by one Yusuf Kareem on June 10 at the Divisional Police Headquarters, Fufu, Kwara, that the duo allegedly killed his son, Musa Kareem.
    According to the complainant, on June 6, the deceased led his cattle for grazing from his camp, but it was only the cattle that returned home later in the day.
    He said that after searching for the deceased for two days, his corpse was discovered under a tree in a bush around where he had led his cattle to for grazing.
    The First Information Report (FIR) said that during interrogation at the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (CIID), Ilorin; the accused admitted to have killed the deceased during a misunderstanding over a cell phone.
    The FIR added that after the accused had beaten the deceased with their sticks, the deceased fell on the ground in a bush; became unconscious, and later died.
    The prosecutor, Sgt. Innocent Owoola informed the court that investigation into the case was ongoing.
    He pleaded with the court to adjourn the case until another date to enable the police complete their investigation.
    The prosecutor, however, objected to the bail for the accused on the ground that the alleged offence was capital in nature and was not ordinarily bailable.
    He pleaded with the court to remand the defendants in prison pending the outcome of investigation.