No fewer than thirteen (13) out of the 23 local government chairmen in Benue State have dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the opposition, People’s Democratic PParty,PDP.
According to the local government chair persons, their move was to support Governor Samuel Ortom who had moved after been issued a ‘red card’ by his party.
The chairman also pledged their loyalty to the state governor after a meeting with the governor on Saturday in Makurdi.
Ortom had said that after various consultations with his party, he was advised to look for another party, stressing that his stay in the APC had expired.
Below are the names and LG chairmen who have dumped the party;
1. Anthony Shawon -Guma local government
2. Justina Sorka -Buruku local government
3. Mwuese Ubebe -Konshisha local government
4. Blessing Unogwo -Ado local government
5. Virginia Kpindi- Katsina-Ala local government
6. George Alli – Otukpo local government.
7. Comfort Echeoda -Agatu local government
8. Francis Ayaga- Gwer West local government
9. Uaah Vitalis – Gwer East local government
10. Richard Nyajo-Logo local government
11. Ibellogo Tor -Tyokaa- Ukum local government
12. Adakole Abutu -Ohimini local government
13. Peter Onche of Obi local government.